Udupi: IGP speaks on Naxalite and Underworld activities

Write Comment     |     E-Mail To a Friend     |     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Print
By Subhas Marne
Bellevision Media Network

Udupi, 23 May 2011: Naxalite activities are still going on in the Western Ghats said West Zonal IGP Alok Mohan. He was speaking to the reporters in Udupi on Saturday in a press meet, after having a meeting with the Karkala Department Officers on Friday regarding the Nexalite activities.


Nexalite problem is in the Nation. In Karnataka, that too in Western Ghats their activities has not stopped completely. Since there is no support to them by the people, their plans are not successful. Police department has achieved complete control over this issue, he said.




Police department has been keeping regular watch even on the activities of the underworld in the coast line. The crimes have reduced now. Last year in the month of March in Udupi district itself about 80 lakhs rupees worth stolen valuables have been recovered and handed over to the owners, he said.


Among the crimes 80% of them have been resolved. Remaining 20% are in the resolving stage. Instruction has been given to the department to resolve the issues of crimes within a month, he said. During this press meet Udupi S.P. Dr. Ravikumar Y. S. and Dy.S.P. Jayanth V. Shetty were also present.



Write Comment     |     E-Mail To a Friend     |     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment   You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above
Disclaimer: Kindly do not post any abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful material or SPAM. BelleVision.com reserves the right to block/ remove without notice any content received from users.
GTI MarigoldGTI Marigold
Anil Studio
Badminton Sports AcademyBadminton Sports Academy

Now open at Al Qusais

Veez Konkani IllustratedVEEZ Konkani

Weekly e-Magazine

New State Bank of India, Customer Service Point
Cool House ConstructionCool House Construction
Uzvaad FortnightlyUzvaad Fortnightly

Call : 91 9482810148

Your ad Here
Power Care
Ryan Intl Mangaluru
Ryan International
pearl printing

Konkani Literature World